Delicious and Authentic Mexican Dinner at Los Amates Mexican Kitchen
Los Especiales |Our Journey Through Mexico|
- Pulpo Enamorado: Home cooked Octopus served with 2 salsas (Chipotle mayo & Pico de Gallo) Acapulco Style $16.50
- Las Carnitas: Michoacan Style Pork, served with Guacamole, salsas, corn tortillas and frijoles $25.50
- Pescado del Dia: Fresh Fillets of Barramundi panfried then topped with an Avocado, corn salsa, served with salsa & rice $27.00
Australia Day’s Special |From 24th January to 29th January|
- Tacos de Canguro con salsa pasilla: Kangaroo tacos with a pasilla sauce and spicy rajas served with corn tortillas. $24.5
- Aussie Lamb Barbacoa: Juicy Aussie Lamb cooked Barbacoa style served with pico de gallo, guacamole, salsas and corn tortillas $26.5
- Aussie Fish -Barramundi: Pan fried then served with a corn and avocado sauce $26
Entradas | Entrees
- Elotes Asados (3) (V) (GF) $8.50 3 Corn on the cob, grilled served with chipotle mayo, queso blanco (feta), chilli tajin and lime.
- Sopes (V) (GF) $9.50 3 Hand-made corn flour cases filled with frijoles negros, lettuce, salsas rojas and verde topped with queso blanco and cream.
- Guacamole con Totopos (VGN) (GF) $11.50 Homemade with Real Avocados and Pico de Gallo.
- Chicharron w/ Guacamole (GF) $16.50 Pork Crackle Mexican Style with Fresh Guacamole.
- Taquitos Dorados (3) (GF) C $14.50 B $11.50 Chicken or bean filled tortillas, rolled, deep fried topped with lettuce, sour cream and queso blanco (feta) served with Salsa Verde.
- Quesadilla Frita (GF) A $6.50 B $7.50 a) Picadillo & Chipotle (beef) b) Flor de Calabaza: Zucchini flower, zucchini and mushroom with Oaxaca cheese (with blue corn flour)
- Nachos Los Amates (V) $14.50 Corn Chips with Salsa Roja, frijoles negros, cheese, guacamole and sour cream (for 2-3pp)
- Nachos Charros $18.50 Corn Chips topped with our frijoles charros (pinto beans, chorizo, bacon and chipotle) then pico de gallo salsa and cream (for 2-4pp).
- Nachos con Pollo $19.50 As Nachos Los Amates but with chicken breast pieces (for 2-4pp).
- Yucateca $8.5 Cochinita Pibil (Pork w/achiote), marinated red onions and cheese.
- Chilanga $8.50 Tinga al Don Arturo (Chicken) and cheese.
- Huitlacoche (V) $8.50 Corn truffle from Mexico with mushrooms and cheese
Street Food Platter
This platter is a tasting plate that offers different flavours of various menu items. Two (2) of each of the following:
- Handmade Quesadillas Fritas Beef or Flor de Calabaza
- Taquitos Dorados Chicken or Bean
- Elotes Asados
- Tostadas de Tinga (Chicken) or Tostadas de Nopales (Cactus)
It is highly recommended to share with groups. Min 2pp $58.00, Extra person $29.00
Tacos | All of Our Soft Tortillas are Gluten Free
Option 1: UN TACO | One taco only $7.50 to choose from:
- Cochinita Pibil
- Tinga al Don Arturo
- Nopales Asados and Mole Poblano (V): Our mole contains peanuts, sesame seeds and almonds
Option 2: LOS TACOS | All tacos are served with 6 Gluten Free corn tortillas, with tomatillo and chipotle salsas and black beans. $24.50
- Cabeza: Braised beef cheek tacos. Served with onion, coriander, salsa and lime.
- Cochinita Pibil: A Pre/Hispanic dish dating back hundreds of years -pork- traditionally cooked wrapped in banana leaves buried beneath the earth. (We do it differently).
- Tinga al Don Arturo: Chicken with tomato, onion and lots of Chipotle chilli. Hot like Don Arturo likes.
- Nopales Asados and Mole Poblano (V): Grilled cactus and onions, finished with our famous mole poblano and queso blanco. Our mole contains peanuts, sesame seeds and almonds.
- Carne Asada & Rajas: Grilled beef strips with spicy peppers and salsa pasilla.
- Rajas poblanas (veg): Spicy peppers grilled with onion, corn kernels, cream & crumbed cheese.
- Papas con chorizo: Potato, chorizo, onion, paprika & parsley.
- Campechanos: Grilled beef strips, onion and chorizo.
Option 3: TAQUIZA (Min 3 people $73.00, Extra person $24.50) Taquiza Platter to share.
Ideal for large groups. It comes with corn tortillas, frijoles negros and salsas. Select 3 dishes from above.
Platos Fuertes | Main Dishes
- Puerco en Mole verde $26.50: Tender diced pork pieces served with a Green Mole, made with roasted pumpkin seeds, green tomatillos, green chiles, cilantro. Served with Mexican rice and Pinto beans.
- Pollo con Mole Poblano $26.50: Chicken pieces covered in our elaborate family recipe mole sauce served with pinto beans and rice. Our mole contains peanuts, sesame seeds and almonds.
- Puntas al Chipotle $29.50: Charred chunks of beef steak w/ a tomato and chipotle sauce served with rice, beans and 4 corn tortillas.
- Alambre De Res (NGF) $29.50: Big chunks of grilled beef, crispy bacon, peppers, caramelised onion and cheese accompanied by salsa, frijoles negros and 5 flour tortillas.
Mariscos | Food
- Tacos de Pescado (2)(NGF) $16.50 2 Fish Tacos “Baja Style” served on flour tortillas with pico de gallo and chipotle mayo on the side.
- Ceviche (GF) $18.00 Fresh citrus cooked fish with pico de gallo, cucumber and avocado. Served with totopos, a good starter or a light meal.
- Camarones al Chipotle (NGF) $29.00 Pan fried king prawns on a creamy chipotle sauce with caramelized onions, garlic and garnished with parsley served with salad and rice.
- Camarones al coco en salsa de mango $31.00 Large Prawns, crumbed with coconut then lightly fried. Served w/Mango Salsa.
De Pollo: Two hand rolled enchiladas filled with chicken topped with melting cheese. Served with rice, frijoles bayos and covered in your choice of:
- Salsa Roja $22.50
- Salsa Verde $22.50
- Mole Poblano $25.50
Vegetarianas: Two hand rolled enchiladas filled with roasted vegetables topped with melting cheese. Served with rice, frijoles bayos and covered in your choice of:
- Salsa Roja $20.50
- Salsa Verde $20.50
- Mole Poblano $23.50
Los Amates Experience
Guacamole con totopos + Choice of your favourites enchiladas (2) + Choice of your favourite dessert (2) + Lime Margaritas (2).
- Cafe de Olla Mexican Style Coffee. We use Chiapas fair trade freshly ground coffee. $3.50
- Chocolate Caliente or Add Chilli Mexican Style Hot Chocolate $3.50
- Pastel de Elote (GF) $8.50: Warm sweet corn cake. Traditional from Central and North of Mexico, served with cream.
- Pastel 3 Leches $8.50: Sponge cake soaked in a mixture of three kinds of milk.
- Flan de la casa (GF) $9.00: Creamy oven-baked caramel custard tart. Our own irresistible family recipe.